Your Term of license and renewal (‘license renewal’)
The license shall be valid in this state for five (5) or ten (10) years, unless subsequently surrendered, suspended or revoked as provided by law. No authority exists for a person to continue to carry a concealed or unconcealed handgun in this state pursuant to the Oklahoma Self Defense Act if the license is expired, or has been voluntarily surrendered, or suspended or revoked for any reason.A license may be renewed any time within ninety (90) days prior to the date of expiration.Licensee must obtain a renewal form from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation before the license has expired.
The applicant must:
- Complete the renewal form;
- Attach two (2) current passport size photographs of applicant;
- Submit renewal fee, in the amount set by the statute, to the Bureau;
- Pay renewal fee by nationally recognized credit card, cashier’s check, or money order, made payable to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.
- The Bureau will conduct a criminal history records name search and a search of other records deemed by the Bureau to be relevant to the renewal application.